By fair means or foul




At the request of some of my most loyal readers, here is the sequel of “The Alleged Vaticine”. Enjoy!

Isha and Erwin get engaged and their parents throw a huge party to celebrate the joyous event. Among the guests are Bernard & Catherine (with their boy, Sebastian); Paul & Sophia; Elaine & Christian.

Elaine approaches Gillian and Aleph (the Druid, Isha’s father):
- You finally did it, Gillian…congratulations! – exclaims Elaine.
- [Gillian laughs out loud] no, I didn’t do anything! God brought these two together! – Replies a stunning Gillian clad in a silk blue marine gown.
- Elaine, I was commenting with Gillian how lovely you look! Pregnancy becomes you! – says the grey eyed Druid.
- Aleph...I had completely forgotten how impossible it is to be near both of you [glancing at Christian]...I still haven’t told him!
- He’ll be exhilarated; dear...he loves children so much! – answers Gillian.
- Yes, he does [Elaine smiles tenderly]. Anyway, I need a favour, Gill!
The High Priestess nods and, with her hand, she suggests Elaine that they should talk later on.

Two days later...
Constance observes Isha playing with Sebastian, in the garden «She will be a terrific mother. She is good with children» Catherine puts down the report she’s reading and joins Constance by the window «Indeed, she is. Seb never smiles at anybody...now look at him: he is all happy and smiley!» ...
Meanwhile, Elaine and Sophia take a walk together towards the lake...«Sophia, darling...[“Yes, Elaine!”] do you still have the same sapphic hobby as before?» Sophia stops; looks at the birds in the trees, at the bees in the beehives and replies «Don’t tell me that you are interested in participating in a session [Elaine scares some birds off with her laughter, “No, darling; It’s not for me!”]...oh, what a pity! Nevertheless, to answer your question: yes, every now and then I yield to my concupiscent sapphic delight» Elaine smirks and says «There is someone I’d like you to entrap. But first I must obtain a confirmation from Gillian!» «Sure...Next week, I’ll be at an Opus Dei convention, or whatever they call their gatherings, with Paul...but after that, I’ll be entirely free to have fun!» Elaine puts her arms around Sophia and contently exclaims «Smashing!»...

Bernard, Christian, Erwin and Paul walk around the estate, with a fowling-piece in their arms and accompanied by hounds, pretending to hunt. Paul stops to light his ciggy, frowns and turning to Christian asks «Did you know that I met your father-in-law last week? I nearly asked him how I could get together with those twins of his!» Christian chuckles, nods and while looking up to spot a pheasant, he replies «Yes, Paul...he told me that you had met! About the twins...they are quite deadly, you know? How’s Julie?» Bernard starts laughing, Erwin asks «Who’s Julie?» Paul blushes and replies «More beautiful then ever [“Who’s Julie?” repeats Erwin], thanks for asking» Christian finally spots a pheasant, aims at it and shots it down «Paul, really...forget the twins!» Paul looks at Bernard «Oh no...Don’t tell me that they’re your afternoon snack, Chris!» Bernard laughs even harder; Erwin adds «If we’re talking about THE twins...Paul, forget it!» Christian retrieves the pheasant off a hound’s mouth and says «Paul, I didn’t want to say this but...the twins play in the same team as your wife...so, forget about it!»...

Gillian calls Elaine and informs her that Isha will be more than glad to help her.

In the meantime, Isha is in her room meditating...suddenly she beholds the following scene:
A man flirting with a set of twins...he follows one of them...they kiss...she shoots him...she and her sister drag him into a closet...he wakes up...he is in Paris...the twin is with him...he hands her an envelope with photos inside...[Isha hears] “Buonfiglio is alive! Tell her!”.

She opens her eyes, gets up and walks up to Gillian’s room. Constance calls Elaine and Christian to inform them. Elaine then leaves the room and convenes with Sophie, who agrees to entrap the twins. Christian speaks to Bernard and Erwin: they are to hunt Buonfiglio down. Paul tells Christian that he received a phone call informing him that Buonfiglio is asking help to the Opus Dei, and in exchange he’ll provide them the recipe «But he doesn’t have it! We do!» responds Elaine...they all look at each other...this would be easier than they thought...Buonfiglio is coming their way...let the game begin!

Next Episode: The Rendez-Vous

Image: Still life with dead pheasant & hunting bag by Jean-Baptiste-Siméon Chardin

Comments

  1. Hi ! Am back ! How's the wedding ? When is it again ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch, this is getting tricky! It reminds me a bit of these old villages where the patriarch ruled everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MAX:

    I love the very last statement - Let the game begin! My wife once told me to eat hearty at mealtime, but when you feel that you need just one more bite, get up and leave. That's how I feel about this writing. I need just one more bite - maybe dessert?

    HAppy trails.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi max! hope you're having a good weekend. i have something for you...

    http://mlizcochico.blogspot.com/2008/08/kick-ass-blogger.html

    see you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds a bit tricky, but also something that makes you real curious - thanks for sharing!

    Wishing you a happy week ahead :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Karen!

    I am glad you are back, girl :D!

    Thanks for having dropped by :D!

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Zhu!

    LOL LOL I know what you mean! LOL...

    Thanks for having dropped by, girl! :D

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Swu!

    "I love the very last statement - Let the game begin!" - I love it too! It has a lot of meanings...I am glad you loved it, buddy :D!

    "My wife once told me to eat hearty at mealtime, but when you feel that you need just one more bite, get up and leave. That's how I feel about this writing. I need just one more bite - maybe dessert?" - LOL LOL I hear you! I will think about the dessert...don't worry! LOL....

    Swu, thanks for having dropped by! Your comment made me smile, my friend!

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Liza!

    I did have a good time, thanks!

    Thank you!! I will be at your place in a jiffy!

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Renny!

    Indeed it is a bit tricky, my friend lol.
    You are most welcome :D!!

    Thanks! And I wish you a merry week ahead as well!

    I'll see you soon, and thanks for having dropped by!

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how even in a mystical far away place they still use words like smashing and smoke ciggys,lol.

    Wow, this is getting tricky,keeping me on the edge, love how you put everything together from all the other stories, answering some questions well still raising more, didn't see this at all, and I love it.

    I thought for sure Buonfiglio was dead, and the recipe, Elaine has it. What is the recipe and what will happen to Buonfiglio, excellent max.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Bob!

    "I love how even in a mystical far away place they still use words like smashing and smoke ciggys,lol." - LOL LOL you know? LOL These are excellent words LOL...

    "Wow, this is getting tricky,keeping me on the edge, love how you put everything together from all the other stories, answering some questions well still raising more, didn't see this at all, and I love it." - I am glad that I could surprise you, my friend *bowing*! And I am even gladder that you love it!

    "I thought for sure Buonfiglio was dead, and the recipe, Elaine has it. What is the recipe and what will happen to Buonfiglio, excellent max." - Thank you, Lord of the Astropics *bowing*! The answer to those questions will come in a near future...stay tuned! ;D

    Bob, thanks for your comment...loved it as much as I did writing this short story :D!

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Max…

    It is tragic that I missed this article during my August semi-break!

    Wow what a painting!

    You are having way too much fun with these characters! LOL This is such a web of intrigue James Bond would not have a chance! LOL Its like an episode of Survivor!

    Isha and Seb! Catherine and Constance! Elaine and Sophia! Twins and Sapphic sex! Oh my…

    Bernard and Paul! Gillian and Elaine (Gillian oh my)…Buonfiglio is alive!!!

    Wow what a series!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi LS!

    "It is tragic that I missed this article during my August semi-break!"

    LOL tragic indeed...but better later than never, darling :D!

    "Wow what a painting!"

    It is incredible isn't it? I just love it!

    "You are having way too much fun with these characters! LOL This is such a web of intrigue James Bond would not have a chance! LOL Its like an episode of Survivor!"

    LOL true, I am having loads of fun! LOL LOL LS, you are too kind, thank you *bowing*!

    "Isha and Seb! Catherine and Constance! Elaine and Sophia! Twins and Sapphic sex! Oh my…"

    LOL I know, I know...

    "Bernard and Paul! Gillian and Elaine (Gillian oh my)…Buonfiglio is alive!!!"

    Yes, he is alive!! Gillian is quite different than Jillian, isn't she? LOL...

    "Wow what a series!"

    Thanks, LS...thank you *bowing*!

    And thanks for having taken the time to drop by :D!

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Dissecting Society™ welcomes all sorts of comments, as we are strong advocates of freedom of speech; however, we reserve the right to delete Troll Activity; libellous and offensive comments (e.g. racist and anti-Semitic) plus those with excessive foul language. This blog does not view vulgarity as being protected by the right to free speech. Cheers

© 2007-2023 Dissecting Society™ ALL RIGHTS RESERVED