Musical Video: Kuduro

And from Semba we go to Kuduro...

This genre is rooted in semba, but it has evolved to be a fusion of Zouk, Soca and Ragga music genres.
There is also the Progressive Kuduro (the one produced in the outskirts of Lisbon, especially Amadora and Queluz - where the majority of the Angolan community lives), that I will introduce you to later on.

Kuduro means "hard butt" or "stiff bottom"; because when women dance kuduro they protrude their behind and swing it to the rythm of the hard-hitting beat. When men dance it they pop-lock and breakdance. The key to dance kuduro is to move sensually. 

For further information on Kuduro, please read here

This week's video displays one of the many ways of dancing kuduro, particularly outside Angola (as we go, I will share the original form of dancing Kuduro, i.e. the Angolan style), and the artist sharing his art with us is the dancer Tsunami (an Angolan artist living in France) and his crew who shake to the sound of a kuduro mix.
Have fun!



Comments

  1. Such a lively beat! I just can't imagine myself dancing like that, but I almost did while listening, lol.

    I had a lovely week, thanks sweetie. I hope you had a great one too. Take care. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW...look at them dancing. Such flexible bodies!!! They've really got the rhythm. Wish I could dance like that he he he he...THANKS for the introduction again!

    HUGE HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Liza :D!

    "Such a lively beat! I just can't imagine myself dancing like that, but I almost did while listening, lol."

    LOL I hear you! It can be contagious indeed...

    "I had a lovely week, thanks sweetie. I hope you had a great one too. Take care. *hugs*"

    That is so great to hear :D! I did, I did...thanks!

    And thanks for the visit, I loved it *hugs*!

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Amelia :D!

    "WOW...look at them dancing. Such flexible bodies!!! They've really got the rhythm. Wish I could dance like that he he he he...THANKS for the introduction again!"

    lol they do, they do! Girl, you can do whatever you wish ;D!
    You are welcome, girl!

    "HUGE HUGS!!!"

    Aww, that was so warm...thank you :D!

    *Hugs*

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. A solid beat again, toe tapping, they got the rhythm, too many guys though,lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Bob!

    LOL LOL yeah too many guys; but you see: kuduro is famous among guys (they dance it better).

    Women dance it too, but it is on another level...

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Dissecting Society™ welcomes all sorts of comments, as we are strong advocates of freedom of speech; however, we reserve the right to delete Troll Activity; libellous and offensive comments (e.g. racist and anti-Semitic) plus those with excessive foul language. This blog does not view vulgarity as being protected by the right to free speech. Cheers

© 2007-2023 Dissecting Society™ ALL RIGHTS RESERVED