Progressive Kuduro: Buraka Som Sistema

Progressive Kuduro is a fusion of the Angolan Kuduro and the European urban music.
This genre was born in the outskirts of Lisbon (Amadora and Queluz - where the majority of the Angolan community lives), early in the 21st century.

This genre is becoming rather popular not only in Portugal, but across Europe.
The group, to which I will introduce you to, is the original designer of this musical genre; and it is called Buraka Som Sistema.

Buraka Som Sistema won a MTV Europe Music 2008 award, as The Best Portuguese Act. To read more about them, click here.

Now, enjoy Progressive Kuduro: this song is called "Kalemba: Wege Wege"!





Comments

  1. I like it!

    I can't say I have heard it before (hasn't made it to North America yet), but I like the genre. At least, it's original and it is music with passion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    What she wants to say is wiggle :-)

    Um abraço aqui de Lisboa,

    José

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh too bad, I can't listen to it right now. There is probably something wrong with the speakers I can't get it to work. Will have to wait for hubs to check it later. But I like the sound of the title "Kalemba Wege Wege", very unique.

    I wish you a fun week dear. Will be back later for the song. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Zhu! :D

    It is a cool genre indeed! It hasn't reach NA yet? Oh my, I hope it does soon: it is insanely contagious!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello José :D!

    Bem-vindo ao MAX!

    I know what you mean LOL...

    Obrigada pelo abraço: sabe bem ter o apoio de Lisboa :D!

    Um abraço

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Liza :D!

    Oh, too bad indeed! Sometimes it happens *nodding*!

    Wege is a nice sound! And great for dancing!

    Thank you so much, darling! :D

    Pleaso do!

    Have a fantastic week!

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool music again Max, but you know I'm going to be humming the crazy background hook line for the rest of the day,lol.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Dissecting Society™ welcomes all sorts of comments, as we are strong advocates of freedom of speech; however, we reserve the right to delete Troll Activity; libellous and offensive comments (e.g. racist and anti-Semitic) plus those with excessive foul language. This blog does not view vulgarity as being protected by the right to free speech. Cheers

© 2007-2023 Dissecting Society™ ALL RIGHTS RESERVED