Phase 1: A small note to my friends and readers

Lisbon, 6th of July 2010

My dear friends and readers,

I hope this post finds you all in good health and high spirits.
This small note serves two purposes:

  1. To inform that I shall be absent for a fortnight. 
  2. To inform that during my absence I shall be sharing (every week) some videos of music that caused an impact throughout 3 different stages of my life. 
So let's start by my childhood. I listen to music since I was born (coming from 1/2 an African family, I began to learn how to dance practically at the same time I learned how to walk) and one of the songs that marked this stage of my life was Wham's "Wake me up before you go". When I first saw this song's video I told my mom "I am going to marry George Michael" my mother looked at me and uttered "Yeah, right!" (of course, I should've known, by looking at George's pink shorts, that she meant I would never marry him since he was gay...but kids, so innocently, always fail to grasp certain nuances of life)...anyway, I hope you enjoy and I'll see you in two weeks. Ciao!

Comments

  1. I certainly hope it is a holiday instead of some of the other unthinkables. Have a good whatever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh the 80's.... lol I love this song too. You can't listen to it without moving! I actually grew up with songs from my parents' "big band" era and I think they are just as great to get people dancing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Max,

    Hope all is well with you too. Music, music, music, you can't go wrong with it. It transports our feelings over years of memories. Fortunately George's music drives better than he does. Seconds before I came here, I read that he got arrested again for erratic driving. :-o.

    Maybe you should have married George to inspire him to write more music and stay off the streets. LOL.

    Have a fantastic break and know that you are loved.

    Hugs Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for keeping us posted - I'm sure a break will do you good.

    ..... and remember; we all loves you and will be here when you are back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha. I used to love that song too.

    Have a great vacation sweetie. Happy Birthday!!!

    Take care. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Max, we await your return and will miss you, even for a short duration.

    As Alexys said, "know that you are loved."

    xxxx and some hugs, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Dear,

    This is my first time at your blog. came via my sister Preity Angel's blog.. I would like to be your friend... Please accept my friendship!

    Have a nice and enjoyable holiday

    God Bless
    Love
    Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Esta ilha não tem fortuna
    Trocou-a por um curioso mistério
    Este irreal e intenso verde
    Que inunda o olhar mais sério

    Nesta ilha há um beijo na tua procura
    Nesta ilha as pedras não têm idade
    Nesta ilha as juras são lançadas à maresia
    Nesta ilha o sonho é janela da verdade

    Doce beijo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Max I should have known too, lol, those pink shorts looks like just mine. I loved those guys too, those were the days :).

    Anna :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea for a series! I hope you are enjoying some holidays.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Dissecting Society™ welcomes all sorts of comments, as we are strong advocates of freedom of speech; however, we reserve the right to delete Troll Activity; libellous and offensive comments (e.g. racist and anti-Semitic) plus those with excessive foul language. This blog does not view vulgarity as being protected by the right to free speech. Cheers

© 2007-2023 Dissecting Society™ ALL RIGHTS RESERVED