So Long 2010!

Borrowed from Here

2010 is bidding us farewell! 

I fancy a good challenge and this year I met Mr. Challenge itself. I went to bed with it, I woke up with it, I had a meal with it, I laughed with it, I had mega fun with it; I loved it and to tell you the truth: Mr. Challenge rendered life even more interesting. 

I would like to thank those who have been following and reading DS: you guys were one of the best things about 2010! 

Before I go, I'd like to wish everybody a blasting 2011, full of love, health and wealth (under its many forms)!

There's no better way to exit 2010, and entering 2011, than listening to music. 
As such, ladies and gents, I would like to introduce you to a young Portuguese artist, FF (Fernando Fernandes), who enchants with this poignant song entitled "Ponteiro da Solidão" (Clock's hand of loneliness).

Wishing love to all, I retire for now. Happy New Year!!




Lyrics & Translation

Eu não sei o que vou fazer.
(I don't know what I'm going to do)
Diz-me quantas horas tenho para te ver!
(Tell me how many hours I have left to see you!)
Atende só mais uma vez…
(Pick up the phone one more time)
Sei que ainda há tempo p’ra ver como és.
(I know I still have time to see you the way you are)
E nada espero. Só…
(I expect nothing. I only...)

Quero mais, quero mais, quero mais p’ra mim...
(Want more, I want more, I want more for me...)
Quero mais, dá-me mais, dá-me mais de ti…
(I want more, give me more, give me more of you...)

Eu não sei o que vou dizer,
(I don't know what I'm going to say)
As palavras embargam, não te quero perder.
(Words don't come easy, I don't want to lose you)
Diz-me que sim ou diz-me que não,
(Tell me 'yes' or 'no')
Não me faças perder tempo neste jogo da razão -
(Don't make me waste time in this mind game -)
Eu sei que não. Eu sei que não… Te posso ter.
(I know that I can't. I know that I can't...have you).

Quero mais, quero mais, quero mais p’ra mim...
(I want more, I want more for me)
Quero mais, dá-me mais, dá-me mais de ti…
(I want more, give me more, give me more of you...)

Aquilo que fazes é aquilo que és,
(What you do is what you are)
Diz-me com quem andas e eu dir-te-ei quem és –
(You will be judged by the company you keep -)
quem é, quem é que dá a mão à solidão?
(Whom? Whom holds the hand of loneliness?)

Quero mais, quero mais, quero mais p’ra mim...
(I want more, I want more, I want more for me...)
Quero mais, dá-me mais, dá-me mais de ti…
(I want more, give me more, give more of you...)

Mas se quiseres fugir basta dizeres que não
(However if you wish to run away, all you have to say is 'I don't')
“quero mais, quero mais!”,
("want more, I want more!")
Quero mais, quero mais…
(I want more, I want more...)
Quero mais!
(I want more!)
Quero mais!
(I want more!)
Quero mais!
(I want more!)
Quero mais… de ti
(I want more...of you)

Guardo na palma da vida
(In the palm of life I keep)
O relógio do teu coração
(The clock of your heart)
100 (sem) horas de partida -
(100 hours of departure -)
Marca o ponteiro da solidão
(Shows the clock's hand of loneliness).

Translation by Max Coutinho

Comments

  1. A "blasting 2011" could be taken many ways! I hope you have a good upcoming year also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looney :D!!!

    Hello!

    "A "blasting 2011" could be taken many ways! I hope you have a good upcoming year also."

    LOL you are right! However, I mean it in the best way possible ;).
    Thank you so much, Loon! I wish you a fantastic 2011: here's to us, bloggers! :D

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Esperando que você está se sentindo ótimo e pronto para festa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey MAX same to u and family!
    Happy new seconds minutes hours days weeks and years!

    All the best, keep on blogging!

    G

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peter :D! Hello!

    Obrigada, meu amigo! Happy New Year: I know that you are already in 2011!
    :D

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey G!!! :D

    Thanks, man! Happy new seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks and years to you and family too :D!

    I will keep on blogging for sure! ;)

    Cheers and happy 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAPPY New Year, Max!!! HUGE HUGS! LOVE the video clip. He's got a lovely song and the song composition itself is very tender and emotional. :-D THANKS for sharing it! Here's to a better year with many more unexpected packages!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Dear,

    Wish you a very very Happy New year. May God fulfil all your dreams. God Bless You

    Love
    Sabi Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Amel :D!

    Happy New Year, gorgeous!!

    Big hug and love: may 2011 bring you peace and prosperity.

    I am glad you liked FF: he has a cool voice indeed.

    Amel, thank you so much for your wishes, girl :D!

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Sabi :D!

    Happy New Year, darling :D!

    Thank you so much: May God bless you too!! :D

    And thank you so much for your wishes!

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Max:

    Same to you on every count. Your articles made me think, which is something I rarely do. So kudos for that. Fernando was easy and nice on the ears. Great stuff.

    I wish you the best for 2011. I still have trouble saying 2100. The time does fly by.

    Happy trails.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Max! Happy New Year sweetie. Hope you had a wonderful celebration. :)

    Wishing you the best for 2011.

    Kisses and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Swu :D!

    Happy New Year, mate!

    Thanks for your wishes!

    "Your articles made me think, which is something I rarely do. So kudos for that. Fernando was easy and nice on the ears. Great stuff."

    *Bowing* thank you so much for your generosity! Fernando has a great voice indeed, I am glad you liked it.

    "I still have trouble saying 2100. The time does fly by."

    LOL time is flying at light speed, man...unbelievable *nodding*!

    Swu, thank you so much for your words; and here's to another year of blogging!

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Liza :D!

    Happy New Year, darling!

    I did have a worthy celebration :), thanks.

    You too: Have a great 2011!

    Kisses and hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Max, little too late to post on here, but hey just wanted to tell you girl you are fun hang around in the blogsphere. Love your new blog makeover, simple is the best. Hey loads fast too! Anna :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Anna :D!

    You are never late, girl! ;)
    Thanks for your generosity: our little blogging club is fun to hang out with :).

    I am glad you loved the makeover. It loads faster cause Peter helped me to unload the burden off the blog lol.

    Anna, it is nice to have you around, darling!

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Dissecting Society™ welcomes all sorts of comments, as we are strong advocates of freedom of speech; however, we reserve the right to delete Troll Activity; libellous and offensive comments (e.g. racist and anti-Semitic) plus those with excessive foul language. This blog does not view vulgarity as being protected by the right to free speech. Cheers

© 2007-2023 Dissecting Society™ ALL RIGHTS RESERVED