Maxiavelli: The War of the Tribes

Mosaic of the 12 Tribes (from a Synagogue wall in Jerusalem)

"And they [the Levites] shall have no inheritance among their brethren; the Lord is their inheritance, as He hath spoken unto them. And this shall be the priests' due from the people, from them that offer a sacrifice, whether it be ox or sheep, that they shall give unto the priest the shoulder, and the two cheeks, and the maw." - Deuteronomy 18:2-3

The Haredim are practically the contemporary Levites: they diligently study all Jewish Religious Texts; they assiduously perform the Tefillah, they lead a (often strict) religious life and, quite frankly, they hold the key to the original Jewish history, tradition and identity so that Am Yisrael never forgets where it came from. Jews were commanded to observe the Torah in its entirety; but today not all Jews observe the Law - some secular ones even eat pork (mainly in the US and in the UK); but I digress. In a modern analogy, God set the contemporary Levites (the Haredim) aside as a sacrifice for the good of Israel. Their way of life is what allows secular Jews to live however it pleases them and, serve Israel as they see fit - without angering the I AM.

Israeli Populist Politicians wage a war against the Haredim claiming that they are a burden to society. "This shall be the [Levites]'s due from the people" meaning that it is the duty of the People of Israel to support those who perform the religious duties and remain being the Guardians of the Tradition; so stop whining and get creative: find ways to unload the Government's burden by involving foundations and civil agencies. There is a reason for the Jews to always speak of themselves in the plural form...

"The envy also of Ephraim shall depart, and they that vex Judah shall be cut off: Ephraim shall not envy Judah, and Judah shall not vex Ephraim." - Isaiah 11:13

Israeli politicians, from both political aisles, seem to neglect the European Jewry (after everything they have done for Israel). They always turn to the American Jews (curiously enough, PM Netanyahu even fetched an American campaign manager to run his electoral campaign; as if Israel or even Europe didn't have competent campaign managers) - money is important but it's not everything.
What Israeli politicians fail to see is that they need European Jews. Countries like Portugal, for instance (where Jews are practically the only ones who presently produce jobs and inject money into the economy [although they don't boast about it in public, facts are facts]), voted "yes" in the UN, last November - a word to the wise is enough. There is a huge potential in gathering the European Jewry towards one goal; notwithstanding, the Israeli political body gives more pre-eminence to Jews across the Atlantic - this behaviour is politically counter-productive.

My eyes and ears, in the European Jewish community, tell me that the prevalent spirit is the following "If Israel ignores me and my interests, why should I give her money and support?" Furthermore, wait until Israelis realise that the price of housing has been increasing since the Americans started speculating in the promised land - a land for all Jews. Money is bloody fabulous but it's not everything.

The Land of the King is in peril. Eretz Yisrael is not totally free yet. The fight is not over.
Now begins the time for the Tribes to unite.

Comments

  1. This post was written to the secular Jews, right or wrong? I have no opinion on the first part of the post, because frankly I see no harm in the Haredim. I see no harm in their way of life and I have no problems with whether they serve in the army or not...although you are right, if the religious people fought in the past they can do it as well now.

    My interests is in the second part of this article...with which I agree 100%. Israel does give more attention to American Jews, why? Europe practically built Israel, the Knesset was built by European Jews...so why all this excessive love toward America? Of course we support Israel and defend our brethren but...we don't like to be ignored and I think that was proved last November. Yet PM Bibi, and even Tzipi Livni, likes to suck up to the Americans...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ana :D!

      lol It was written to all Jews. Fair enough.

      I was expecting you to offer me an explanation to why is that; because I am trying to understand the preference (which is very interesting).

      "Of course we support Israel and defend our brethren but...we don't like to be ignored and I think that was proved last November."

      I see what you mean.

      LOL I love your directness.

      Ana, thank you ever so much for your input :D. Loved it.

      Cheers

      Delete
  2. Ma belle, I have been away but now I am back. What have I missed?
    It is true that the politicians in Israel do pay more attention to America. They only remember us on Hashoah or whenever there is anti-Semitic attack (which is on the rise in Europe, more because of des musulmans), ils devraient avoir honte! I also do not like to see the politicians harrassing the Haredim the way they do, it bothers me that sort of persecution because they have their own duty within the Israeli society. Merci bien, I loved this episode of Maxiavelli!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Louis :D!

      I missed you! You have missed quite a lot...but nevermind that, you are here now :).
      Why, you do have a strong opinion on this matter - I see that my eyes and ears, in Europe, captured the spirit just fine; you guys are disappointed at Israel. I hear you on the Haredim.
      Je t'en prie, mon chér! :) lol Maxiavelli aims to please you *bowing*.

      Louis, thank you ever so much for having shared your opinion with us :D. Loved it.

      Cheers

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Hi Sabi :D!

      Thank you for your comment, my darling :D!

      Cheers

      Delete
  4. Olá Max,

    I agree: leave the Haredim alone! The politicians should be creative and come up with a solution that pleases all parties involved; but I guess it is easier to make them society's punching bag.

    I understand why Israel would turn to America: they are less leftist and they are not afraid of standing up for Israel no matter what. Can Europeans say the same? I saw an European Jew recently (David Levi or Daniel Levi, something like that...he is linked to the EU) thrashing Israel on CNN and then in the end saying "Of course Israel has every right to defend itself"...Gee, thanks a lot!
    European Jews need to get their act together, period.

    Superb post...well, I don't even know why I keep saying it...maybe because it is always the truth :-)?

    Tchau

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Olá Celeste :D!

      You know it.
      I don't know who that gentleman is, I will have to look him up: what CNN show did he participate in?

      Why, thank you *bowing*. I am glad you liked it :D.

      Celeste, thank you ever so much for your input :D. Loved it.

      Cheers

      Delete
  5. It is nice to be able to read the tribes names now.

    My understanding is that American Jews vote in big numbers for Israeli elections, which I presume is the reason for the American campaign manager. So what could the Israeli politician do to please the European Jews?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Looney :D!

      It is, isn't it?

      Well, in that case they should have invited a French campaign manager too (ask President Sarkozy why he lost the elections last year).
      The Israeli politician could start by coming more to Europe to unite the European Tribes; to get them to be more involved; to invite them to donate more because there is a common purpose etc...moreover they should stop making them look like eternal victims of the Holocaust - which ultimately weakens the European Jewry.

      Looney, thank you ever so much for your comment :D. Loved it.

      Cheers

      Delete
  6. I am not a jew but a great admirer of the state of Israel and its people. I would not like Israel to disappear and to that extent whatever I can do, I will to help the country and its people. I am not alone in this way of thinking about Israel in India and there is a lot of sympathy and support for Israel in India.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rummy :D!

      I hear you.
      I didn't know that in India there was a lot of support for Israel: that is not what the media transmits (it is for you to see how biased it is).

      Rummy, thank you ever so much for your input :D. I loved it.

      Cheers

      Delete
  7. Alas, only if thy shall hear of holy words, who loves basking in his primeval mindset and only sees the diamond by its shine but not by its spark. And to his glee, he is not alone, his fellow mates from other nations too love to follow this path with naked amity. Maybe the eye fail to fathom the nearer reality than the farthest dream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kalyan :D!

      Such a poetic criticism *bowing*.

      K, thank you so so much for your input :D. Loved it.

      Cheerio

      Delete

Post a Comment

Dissecting Society™ welcomes all sorts of comments, as we are strong advocates of freedom of speech; however, we reserve the right to delete Troll Activity; libellous and offensive comments (e.g. racist and anti-Semitic) plus those with excessive foul language. This blog does not view vulgarity as being protected by the right to free speech. Cheers

© 2007-2023 Dissecting Society™ ALL RIGHTS RESERVED